Monday, August 16, 2010

Getting back to Painting






Ignoring what needs to be done, except I did some of that also in small time pieces,
While something dried I worked on the downstairs sewing and painting areas, plus that is also laundry area. And did some in the Vegetable garden. I just had to paint, I look at evetyone's work and feel this giant burst of wanting. I can use these different sections and create a fall collage also that gives the spirit a boost for Changes in the house. We are moving toward fall, and I feel sort of ready but not quite, we get frost quite early, sometimes mid Sept. so ones feels the pressure of enjoying every bit of garden that I can. You never know it is different every year.

I enjoyed doing these flowers, they are a printed letter then I tore pieces for the flowers. Stamping with paint and a napkin butterfly.

5 comments:

Diane said...

I know what you mean by this time of year--It's been so hot this year, and we're tired of it, but I'm not ready for cooler weather just yet. Maybe Fall will be warmer this year--last year it was cold and rainy. Your painting makes me actually anxious for Fall (my favorite season)--love all those muted rich colors surrounding her.

Rebecca Anthony said...

This is beautiful and I feel autumn in the air when I look at it! I really like her expression!

Nancy said...

I love this painting...really makes you feel like fall is right around the corner...which even though I love summer flowers I am ready for some cooler weather.....

The way you did her hair is so cool.....

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

i just love how you put these together and adore the colors you used, emelie. xo

Unknown said...

I really like how your paper flowers appear so bright next to all the other darker other tones in the painting.

I am not ready for fall, tho I am so over the hot of this summer! And I do mean hot, not heat!! It has really worn me out this year. But I still would like a bit of a delay in fall, as I know that means winter is just a step away, and I am not on speaking terms with Cold.