Friday, February 25, 2011

The Chosen Cover





I strayed from my color choices on the other pages and did the cover sort of bold, so it is just another case of not being able to judge a book by it's cover. There is crayon used around the birds to blend them into the compostition better. Honestly the color matches better when seeing the actual work. Still working on some text and a button or flat object for each page. A journal with ribbon bound pages would be nice, these edges are just zig zagged, more than once. I want to do another fabric book, I also want to do some painting, it is sort of a tug of I wants because spring is not so far off, I want that also, but not at all ready for outside work.

3 comments:

Connie said...

Hi Emelie. I love the cover. All the colors and the detail are just great. I know what you mean about I wants. I have so many and I'm a spring gardening person too. Trying to fit it all in is just impossible. Anyway the journal cover is beautiful!

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

hey, i thought i heard a knock at my door the other day...i should have looked cause i almost felt like i was being hugged *)! it looks to me like you are having an awful lot of fun em. they are all so beautiful! i bet you have learned a lot of unexpected wonders while performing these tasks. can't wait to see what you'll be up to next! XOXO

Nelda said...

This is a beautiful journal cover, Emelie. Looking forward to seeing more of your nice work with fabric.