Thursday, March 3, 2011
Painting, A Struggle
This painting sat partially done for a couple weeks while I did the quilted journal, and BTW I have not yet taken a decent photo of it in completion. When I did go back to this painting I had the face mostly done and background also. "Done" that isn't quite right, I had done some work in these areas and at the time, had a feeling for where I was going, I was doing a series of faces using photos of buttons for embellishments. Still I had lost the idea, the feeling, however, I do think I ended with the same feeling even if buttons were not used.
I enjoy backgrounds that have been scraped, sanded, paint reapplied, with more sanding and scraping yet it has to hold some clean color, have visible designs and please me. It took several hours to get this to some satisfaction. Winter has a mean grip on the north, I do feel a need for some color, also some flowers, even some temps of 40 would be nice.