Wednesday, June 8, 2011

New Painting






I just had to paint, it had to be familiar and not a huge challenge because there are so many other things that need attention right now it is easy to lose a feeling about some art work started.

Also in this post you will see Alli um in an altered state and I think in a natural state, I say it this way because sometimes lately saved things on the computer do not show up for postings. Of course sometimes I save scans or photos and spell something wrong and I can't find it. I usually save files by month and year, but sometimes, Oh you know how things can be done when you try to really hurry.

Yesterday it was a 103 we live in the north, to night it will be in the 40s. This has really been a nutty spring. For some a really horrible spring in so many ways.

4 comments:

Diane said...

I always enjoy coming here Emelie, because your artwork is so distinct and so full of depth, and I also really enjoy how you write your feelings. Hope you have a great weekend in this weird weather that we're having. (one day steaming hot--next day sweatshirt on!)

Theresa Plas said...

I agree with Diane! Always a pleasure visiting you Em. The eyes are especially stunning on this piece and i LOVE the allium - gorgeous color! I bet you're busy in the garden these days.

Rebecca Anthony said...

I agree a very strange spring. My girls got out for summer yesterday and today it's actually cold outside??? I am so glad your painting because this is so beautiful!!

Star said...

Hi Em! I finally found time to get on here and browse around! Love your pictures and your garden is looking so pretty! Mine is shameful after seeing yours! Now I want to go out right now and get some alli ums because I don't have any!
I hope to be coming by often again.....