Monday, July 19, 2010

Feeling the Hot Colors of Summer




About now I start to really like the very hot colors and like them until Nov.

This painting I feel has been enhanced by computer Print Shop altering. Of course there is nothing restful for the eye really but I do feel jangled, scattered, wanting to do all and do it well. I do cards sometimes and this could be done the three ways and packaged that way. I find nice envelopes at thrift shops sometimes, and so it works with not so much expense, ink and card papers are not inexpensive.
Sometimes I give a packet of blank inside cards as gifts. Liquidation stores also will have nice evnelopes. This painting I like better with the scanned fabric background then I do in it's original state. I do the layering on the computer.

I am suppose to be in the garden it is cloudy pleasant day for the hard labor of pulling, digging hoeing and pulling carts of disgarded cutbacks away to compost.
But I also want something new on the blog. One thing for sure the days don't lack things to do.

4 comments:

Rebecca Anthony said...

She is stunning!

Diane said...

Oh yes, this would be a beautiful card--you could have a series of lady cards--I know, that's easy for me to say, but seriously--your ladies are special.

Jeanne Nelson said...

Oh my, Emelie, this is beautiful! I love the warm colors, the wonderful texture, and her dreamy appearance! What a beautiful card she would make. I, too, make cards, but haven't tried doing any from my paintings; you've inspired me to try this technique!

Thank you for your recent comment, and for your blog post here. I love hearing from you, and feel a mysterious soulful connection to you . . . like we were separated at birth and have found each other now, ;).

Wishing you much happiness, love, and blissful creating, Emelie!!! xoxo

Nelda Ream said...

A series of cards with these technicolor paintings would be so beautiful. Looks like you are having lots of fun with the colorful faces. They are lovely.