Saturday, July 24, 2010

Forty Five Years




It is our anniversary today, I can hardly believe 45 yrs. I do remember that day and thinking gosh I wish people would stop asking me questions. I remember Richard's mother calling and asking of there wasn't something he could do as he was getting on her nerves. My mother said he can go pick up the flowers, and being we lived very rural and had to drive a lot of miles to a town, that would take him some time as he had to go to another town to deliver the flowers, and then come to our house to deliver more. My mother must of been weary as there were relatives, and friends at the house, and things to get ready, plus you know always a worry about what folks will eat. Plus it must of been an aggrivation to see me just wandering around and
not really much help and not seeming very in tune to the day. I come to a lot of realizations at this stage in life, that didn't occur to me as a young adult. It is a natural progression of things, like the song "I Wish I didn't Know Now What I Didn't Know Then"

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a BIG congratulations I'm sending to you and your very good looking hubby Emelie!

Rebecca Anthony said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! What a wonderful celebration(O:

Prairie Emporium said...

Congratulations!! Have a great day. Awesome 1965 wedding photos.

Rina said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! Lovely photos!!!

Nelda Ream said...

Happy Anniversary, Emelie! Your wedding pictures are so much like my own. I loved those 1960's styles. You are such a beautiful couple.

Diane said...

Well, Happy Anniversary, Emeliee!! 45 years--something to celebrate!! and I love the photos!

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

a heart felt congratulations to you and YOURS. it is so wonderful for some to make the journey with someone special at your side, all those years! you are such a special human being, emeile, i hope your 45 years with that man richard have been good to you!!! xoxo

Star said...

Oh gosh! I'm sorry I missed this! Happy belated anniversary....45 years is something to be very proud of! Love the pictures!!!