Monday, May 17, 2010

A Monday and Some Art



It is nearly 10 and what have I done? Had blood work at clinic, gone to the garden center,(so you know that means some planting) Made a pot of chili as husband is home this week and helping neighbors with field work so I never know when he will show up for something to eat. I also did a grocry stop. So I was going to say I have done nothing yet, this is proof one needs for the action of making lists. the most important is the list of what you have done, right down to making the bed, and feeding the pets. What you did do gives you a lift so you can do more and heaven knows we want more. Most important we want some art in our day. If we were musicians, or history teachers, or dancers, whatever, that would be that is the most important. By the time we do what the doctor wants, the dentist wants, the fitness center wants, the people that eat in your house want, the yard wants, and all these things. Whoosh, there goes the day.

Two paintings, I want to post the Apple Blossom time as that is fading fast. Using a paper doily as a stencil did a fine job for suggesting the falling petels.

The young woman with the Red suns was quite fun, I used tissue paper that had rubbings on it done with ink. The rubbing plate I used us really for pressing a design into Femo clay. I tore the tissue and formed her hair, also some of the background, these pieces of tissue were glued on an already painted background. The image you see in one of the suns was an accident it was just there and could not be wasted. I hardly used any skin tones except for the cheek area which is not really a skin tone but a cherry red.

5 comments:

Diane said...

Wonderful--I couldn't pick a favorite if I tried! You've done more in a morning than I could do in a day, especially this day--I am wiped out from the weekend.

Judy said...

What an enjoyment your art is, Emelie!! On rainy days, I can find sunshine in here! Thanks!!

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

whooosh is right...i feel the same. the tissue is way cool! love how you used it and placed it. thank you for always sharing! wonderful wonderful. xo wanda

Nelda Ream said...

You captured the feeling of the falling apple blossoms so well with the stencil. It has such a nice feeling.

Star said...

Love them both!