Friday, November 5, 2010

Wrongs and Rights,





I can't tell you what I was thinking when I started this painting, the only thing I remember is I wanted a different pose and I wanted a woman in a veil. O also was not feeling very well, is operating a scissor and brush dangerous? I used a victorian bouquet to start the veil and it came out looking like hair. It also seems awkward to have the woman facing this direction, seemed like poor composition. The other thing was I didn't want a pretty face, so nothing rally came together right.

So I took it apart and fixed it a bit and prints will be fine. Computers work wonders.

5 comments:

Rebecca Anthony said...

This is outstanding! Really beautiful work!

GlorV1 said...

Hi Emelie. I think it make out fantastic. The colors you use are beautiful. They stand out but are still pastel looking. Great job!! Have a wonderful weekend.

Diane said...

Emelie--she's beautiful--the whole piece is wonderful!!

Jeanne Nelson said...

What a FABuLoUs piece, Emelie! The colors are gorgeous, and I like that she's looking off to the side. Okay, "in theory," perhaps she should be looking into the piece but, to me, it adds interest that she's not, and makes me wonder what's she looking at that is out of my sight. Beautiful art!

Karen Kay said...

Beautiful fall colors. I think she looks good either way she is facing.