Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Faces, faces




Why are we so intriqued by the face, and women's faces more than men's it seems. When I look at vintage photos from history, or family you see more mens photos. I am certainly captured by the desire to do a good woman's face. Workings are all over the house, little scetch books I made from manilla paper have them, the grocery list has one, they are piling up behind me as I scan and size them for postings. Even as much as the face I like the enchancements that go around the face in the background as they tell the story. Your own story of course.
One thinks of artistic ability, it is as much about desire to do as it is about natural born talent.
This is just my opinion of course, but I think if you really want to do something artisic you can it is deeper than just skill. Like other things in life there is always someone better and that even is a matter of opinion.
These are the most recent, and things are looking somewhat the same, but this is practice week in our class so that is what it is practice.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Wonderful--I love all of these vintage looking ladies--they seem to come from another era, and I agree with you--it's more the desire than the talent!!!