Monday, February 1, 2010

New Doors Open


That is what has happened lately, so much fun to meet bloggers coming by, also visiting your blog with wonderful art to see. Thank you also to friends and family that come for a visit to see what I have been doing.


I paid close attention to what Nora was saying about rubbing some paint into the patchwork background, this is the inside of security envelopes, I can see it nicely around the woman.

I always think I am paying attention to instructions written or spoken, but I think in haste I miss things often. I notice adults do it as often as children.


Part of the background is also a large paisley stamp I have that I stamped unto tissue paper.

I find that shallow stamps need to be used more like a rubbing plate than a stamp. This one has very shallow design, I purchased it before I knew much about stamping at all. Sometimes stamping on a layer of towel will give you a more definite design also. There are parts from 4 different napkins on this piece, plus paper cutout.


2 comments:

Diane said...

I love this Emalie, I haven't had a chance to try out Sharon's technique, but I will--I just love the final result.

Star said...

Emelie, I like the way the security envelope pieces now look like weathered old siding on a house....or maybe even old cement blocks! Nice piece!!