Saturday, March 20, 2010

New Friends


I had to come and post this and take my time so it is Sunday instead of Saturday.

This was so bad, and you know how the old saying less is better, but this kept saying it still needs something. Adding the while made a huge difference, it is a paper doily stencil that I did very carefully carelessly, it helped so much and then underneath more stamping before I did the doily work, plus adding some color to the flower and the tiny birds and a bit of text. Her dress is napkin collage.

I won't sleep, I don't sleep well when things go well as I want to do another.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Emelie, this is PERFECT--everything--and I love the way you did the bird. I've been away for a couple of days, and trying to catch up with everyone.

Star said...

For all your worries, this turned out very good and well worth keeping and showing! I know how it is, when you intend to do one thing and it turns into something else. So the giggles you sent me to bed with turned into a smile this morning!
BTW, I like the butterfly at the top of her dress. I'm not sure if you intended it as the top of her dress or a butterfly fluttering about there, gazing at her, but I say it's the top of dress and I love it!!!

Judy said...

Emelie!!! I love it!!! I think you use of the paper doily is just right... Like Star, I like how you used the butterfly on her dress. One of my favorites!