Friday, March 5, 2010

Work In Progress Continues




This work has taken on a look of conflict perhaps between the two faces, and I am going to have to figure out how to get some joy or beauty into this work and still keep the expression the faces reveal. As I work on this I feel very much the need for the less stressed sort of painting that just has a pretty outcome. I am liking the faces and still see corrections to make.

You can look at this and play the game also of finding things wrong with this picture, like you did as a child in an activity book. We still say that don't we? What is wrong with this picture? I hope for progress for a view tomorrow. First posting in previous days post.
Quilts airing on the line, I made these quilts and they are just getting a spring freshen up in the March breezes. The photo has been altered, with cuttings and pasteings.








1 comment:

Diane said...

Love these quilts, Emelie! These 2 ladies are starting to take on a personality. They look like mother and daughter--the one on the left looks like the mother to me.